This is Fatsexy’s first Guest Chef Recipe. I am so excited, as I am now opening the opportunity for you, and for everyone to have their recipe published on the website. How awesome is that!
Simply subscribe to Fatsexythermo Newsletter, and FB Page, and you will receive your invitation to send me your favorite recipe, whether it’s made by hand or machine.
Anyway, we better get back to Dave Hunters Chilli.
This recipe is a tried and true, a decade plus favorite, and gives you the opportunity to pimp it however you want.
So if you like it 5 Alarm, go for it! Add your tastiest superhots, and go for it. This recipe is made for those who like a kick, but like their chillies. If you like to go more the mild side, then add a milder Chilli, de seed it, or delete it. This recipe is tasty even without it.
So let’s get the party started
Beer & Bourbon Chipotle Chilli
Yield 4 bowls
Guest Chef Number 1
- 1 whole onion diced finely
- 1 garlic clove diced
- 500gm Grassfed Beef Mince
- 1 whole Chipotle dried
- 2 Chocolate Haberneros diced (you can use any Chilli)
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 cup Worcesterchire (use gluten free if wanting to keep this recipe GF)
- 1 bottle of your favorite Beer (Dave used Snow Beer)
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock (any stock powder or cube can be used)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Bourbon or Tennessee Whiskey
- 1 can Black Beans
- 1 tomato diced
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1/3 Avocado diced
- 1/2 cup Goats Feta diced (or Mexican cheese crumbled)
- 1/4 cup grated Jack Cheese
- Plain Corn Chips
- Corn chips to serve
- Optional diced pickled Jalapeños for a nice acidity
- Stove top Method
- Add all spices (cumin,coriander, onion powder, paprika, cayenne) to a medium heat pan and lightly toast until fragrant. Take out of pan.
- Add mince, garlic, and onion sauté until meat begins to brown, then add spices, and Haberneros.
- Cook until browning, and break up any mince clumps.
- Add Worcestershire, beer, water, stock, whole chipotle, reduce heat to low, and simmer for around 15 minutes.
- After the 15 minutes it should still be quite "wet looking" and a lot of liquid. Add tomato paste, bourbon and Black Beans, , keep on low, lid off, until it thickens slightly resembling a saucy mince.
- Remove Chipotle. You can dice It, and add it back or leave it out. It adds a beautiful smokiness to the Chilli. At this point taste it and add anything if you feel it needs more spice,, tomato paste, or fresh herbs.
- Scoop some into a bowl and top with diced onion, feta and jack cheese, avocado, jalapeños and corn chips.
- Maybe drink a Bourbon or Beer, with your super tasty Chilli.
- Please comment below to let us know what you think of Dave's efforts.
- Thermomix Method
- Add spices and dry roast 2 minutes 100 degrees speed 1 (optional using seed then milling for 1 minute)
- Add onion, haberneros, garlic, mince, cook 5 min/100 degrees C/reverse stir
- Add beer, chipotle, stock, water, Worcestershire, cook another 5 minutes, at 80 degrees, reverse speed 1
- Add tomato paste, beans, bourbon, cook 5min/80 degrees C/ reverse speed 1
- Check consistency and taste, add more of what you like, and increase cooking time.
- Serve as above.