Fatsexythermo Chorizo and Hominy Soup
It’s no secret that I love soups, and this chorizo and hominy soup is so exception.
Hominy is dried maize kernels that have been treated with an alkali, lime, in a process called nixtamalization. It’s what your tasty Tortillas are made from.
A hearty soup, a great winter warmer.
I hope you enjoy. Don’t forget to pin me so you can find me easily later.
Have you connected with us?
Join us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Follow along on Pinterest
Or buy the books at Shopify
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 chorizo (diced)
- 1 sausage (skin removed and made into small meatballs)
- 1/2 red capsicum (diced)
- 2 carrots (diced)
- 2 sticks of celery (diced)
- 1/4 onion (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 cups water
- 1 tinned tomatoes in rich sauce
- 2 tbsp vegeta (or other vegetable stock)
- 1 25 oz can hominy
- small bunch fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- Sauté chorizo, sausage, capsicum, carrot, celery, onion, garlic, and cumin, until vege is softening, and water, vegeta, tomato, and hominy.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, add parsley.
- Serve topped with Parmesan or feta.