Gyro Pita Breads
Gyros are so yummy! A pita wrap filled with your choice of meat, or haloumi and salad. I made this recipe as part of a quick midweek meal, with ingredients from a FB challenge @fatsexythermo group page. The Mystery Box ingredients being chicken, grains, and lemon. I used these wraps with a garlic and herb marinated chicken tenderloins, then crusted in a little Teff grain, served with lemon salt, pico de gallo, yogurt and roquette, all wrapped in these yummy wraps. So good.
- 240gm water
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 3 cups Bakers Flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to defrost temperature
- Add water and yeast to Thermo bowl
- Heat 2 min/37 deg/stir
- Add flour, oil and salt
- Mix 5 sec/speed 3
- Change to dough setting/ 5 minutes
- Wrap in lightly floured thermomat with room to rise, and place in oven for 30 min
- (while the dough is doubling in size, make your filling?
- Take out of oven cut into 8 even sized portions, and roll into flat discs
- Cook on medium heat, preferably cast iron pan, that is lightly oiled between each bread, I also brush the surface, with a pastry brush dipped in oil of the top of the bread while the other side is cooking
- You should see the bread bubble up beautifully
- Wrap in clean tea towel to keep soft.
- Serve with your favourite fillings.
- These breads are suitable for freezing, or will keep for a few days in the fridge. Just heat slightly to make soft.