Fatsexythermo Greek Gyro Pita Breads
Gyro pita breads are one of my fave breads, they are so yummy!
A pita wrap filled with your choice of meat, or haloumi and salad.
I made this recipe as part of a quick midweek meal, with ingredients from a FB challenge @fatsexythermo group page. The Mystery Box ingredients being chicken, grains, and lemon. I used these wraps with a garlic and herb marinated chicken tenderloins, then crusted in a little Teff grain, served with lemon salt, pico de gallo, yogurt and roquette, all wrapped in these yummy wraps.
I hope you enjoy. Don’t forget to pin me so you can find me easily later.
Have you connected with us?
Join us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Follow along on Pinterest
Or buy the books at Shopify
- 240 g water
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 3 cups bakers flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to defrost temperature
- Add water and yeast to Thermomix®
- Heat 2 min/37℃/stir
- Add flour, oil and salt
- Mix 5 sec/speed 3
- Change to dough setting/ 5 minutes
- Wrap in lightly floured thermomat with room to rise, and place in oven for 30 min
- (while the dough is doubling in size, make your filling)
- Take out of oven cut into 8 even sized portions, and roll into flat discs
- Cook on medium heat, preferably cast iron pan, that is lightly oiled between each bread, I also brush the surface, with a pastry brush dipped in oil of the top of the bread while the other side is cooking
- You should see the bread bubble up beautifully
- Wrap in clean tea towel to keep soft.
- Serve with your favourite fillings.
- These breads are suitable for freezing, or will keep for a few days in the fridge. Just heat slightly to make soft.