Fatsexythermo Super Easy Lemon Curd
This super easy lemon curd has been the recipe I have used for, more years than I can count, for my lemon meringue tartlets, or to serve on Blueberry Pancakes. Mmm mmm it is soooo good.
This curd is a bit lighter in sugar than other recipes, and I like it quite tart, to balance any sweetness with meringue or pancakes etc.
Use it how you wish, but this is one “sunny” recipe that you are going to love. Spread it on toast or eat it straight from the jar. Mmmm MMm.
Have you connected with us yet?
Join us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Follow along on Pinterest
Or buy the books at Shopify
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 30 g butter
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- Mix water, lemon juice, sugar, cornflour and flour
- Bring to boil
- Reduce heat, simmer, 3 minutes. Keep stirring
- Whisk in yolks, butter, zest.
- Once butter has melted remove from heat.
- Reserve for use in pie or to top your favourite cake, pancake, waffle, or just on toast.
A true keeper!