This has been the recipe I have used for, more years than I can count, for my lemon meringue tartlets, or to serve on Blueberry Pancakes. Mmm mmm it is soooo good.
This curd is a bit lighter in fat on other recipes, and I like it quite tart, to balance any sweetness with meringue or pancakes etc.
Yield 1 cup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 30gm butter
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- Mix water, lemon juice, sugar, cornflour and flour
- Bring to boil
- Reduce heat, simmer, 3 minutes. Keep stirring
- Whisk in yolks, butter, zest.
- Once butter has melted remove from heat.
- Reserve for use in pie or to top your favorite cake, pancake, waffle, or just on toast.
A true keeper!