With some fantastic homegrown Muscee de Provence Pumpkins, and white sweet potatoes, I thought I would make a warming Winter Veg Soup. Right now here in Thornton, NSW, it is bloomin freezing! I am so not enjoying this winter.
So this soup is so rich and thick, and you can serve it with a host of extras, to take it to a whole other level. How about, spiced chickpeas scattered on top, or dunking Mexican Sopes with Avocado, add some zoodles, fresh grated cheese, crushed corn chips, or toasted tortillas, so many endless combinations.
Want some spice, or a smoky flavour? Add a dash of Chilli flakes, or seasoning, or how about some Smoked Paprika?
Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Winter Soup
Yield 6 -8 cups
- 1 large brown onion
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 large Sweet Potato of Choice diced into 2inch chunks
- 1kg Pumpkin of Choice diced into 2inch chunks
- 4 tbsp Vege Stock Paste (or 4 stock cubes)
- 4 cups of water
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Dice onion and garlic, sauté in medium heat pan with olive oil until lightly golden and soft.
- Add the stock paste and water, bring to the boil
- Add all veges turn down heat to simmer until soft, approximately 25-30 mins
- Use stick blender, or blender, to purée and serve with your choice of topping or good fun dunkin bits.
- Warm, tasty, and good for you
This is an easy recipe, just add what you want to it