Tabasco TexMegs Style
My partner Dave really loves his Tabasco. He drinks it straight from the bottle. Not sure how many people go that far, but I find him plenty of times in the pantry, drinking Tabasco or some form of Worcestershire or Soy. Maybe its his secret to remaining lean? Maybe I should try it….Anyway, this recipe is super easy with only 5 ingredients, 1 being time. Time to ferment those chillies and get your “mash” on. You can make this with any kind of chilli, in fact I have 3 brews now on the go. I hope you love it!
- 220 gm Chillies (I dont chop or take the tops off)
- 350 gm Moscato
- 40 gm Sea Salt
- 100 ml Sherry Vinegar
- Muslin or new Chux wipe
- Pop all your chillies into your Thermo bowl (if using)
- Blend 4 sec/speed 5
- Place your chillies in a large jar
- Pour over Moscato, until covered by a centimetre or 2
- Add your Salt, and cover with muslin and a rubber band, or if you have the lids that the centre come out, use that.
- Leave to ferment on the kitchen bench. The time to ferment will depend on the warmth factor, the sugar levels etc. Just check every couple of days, give it a stir. When fermentation starts, you will see bubbles rising. Leave on the bench where you will see it, for about a month, stirring every 2nd day or so.
- When completed add, to the fridge, and leave for a further 2 weeks with a lid on.
- After the 2 weeks, run the mixture through the sieve, and add your Vinegar.
- Refrigerate, and use.
- Fermented foods are great for your gut health, so drink up. Hehe!