Fatsexythermo Baked Sweet Potato Cheese Tots
Recently I did a poll on my Facebook group, about what kind of recipes everyone wanted me to make for them. Now LCHF was a very clear winner, even though I didn’t have it as an option.
My food lifestyle, is everything in moderation. I don’t follow LCHF, Paleo, Vegan etc, I like to think enjoy mostly clean eating, with an occasional treat and glass or two of wine. It’s obvious on the website I have a love of bread, however, I don’t eat it very often any more, so I am turning more towards a lower carb way of eating. So for those of you following LCHF/Banting you may find a few recipes on this site that will fit within your Green List, some in Orange, and well there will be Red List recipes, but you will just have to enjoy the pretty pictures lol.
Anyway, these Tots are just damn tasty, no matter how you eat.
I plan on eating a lot of Buddha Bowls, with different salad items, proteins, seeds and nuts, so stay tuned for some beautiful colourful healthy bowls, with a few featuring the tasty tots.
Check out on the website, for my Cauliflower Tots and also Baked Broccoli Tots.
Have you connected with us yet?
Join us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Follow along on Pinterest
Or buy the books at Shopify
- 500 g sweet potato skin on (cut into 1 inch chunks)
- 1 egg
- 75 g garlic cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tso diced jalapeños (optional)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 pinches Pink Himalayan Salt
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180℃
- Line baking tray with non stick baking paper
- Pour 500g water into Thermomix®
- Place sweet potato chunks into rice basket and cook 20min/varoma/speed 2, check that slightly firm, but with some give
- Take out of bowl when done, tip out water, and add sweet potato to bowl and blitz 3sec/speed 5
- Empty into large bowl and add rest of ingredients
- Stir with spoon until well mixed
- Squeeze and roll 35g balls, after you roll them squeeze them slightly into tot shape between the gap between your thumb and index finger. I find this the easiest way.
- Place into the oven, and cook 10 minutes, flip gently and a further 10 minutes on the other side, until nicely golden.