Donuts aren’t exactly healthiest of snacks,so lets improve on that a little with this recipe.
While baking obviously brings the fat down a little, I will work on a great tasting ‘Healthnut” I am definitely keen to see how it goes.
Yield 12 donuts
- 1/1/4 Cups plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- Pinch Maldon Salt Flakes
- 1 tsp Vanilla Paste
- 1 cup ripe bananas mashed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp Rice Bran Oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 40g butter
- 1/4 brown sugar
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Bowl Method
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees
- Prepare 12 hole donut tray with canola oil spray
- In your bowl, add bananas, egg, vanilla, sugars, oil, sour cream and whisk.
- Add flour soda, and baking powder, salt and mix.
- Fill each donut mould about 1/3 of mix
- I use a piping bag and pop all my mixture in there and pipe into moulds
- Cook in oven for approx 10-11 mins.
- Check with skewer.
- Leave in pan to cool for 5 minutes, then on cake cooling tray.
- Cool completely before glazing
- (Thermomix method)
- Put all ingredients for bakenuts into bowl
- Mix 1 min/speed 3
- Pipe into moulds
- Cook in preheated oven for 10-11 mins.
- Dip donuts in warm glaze, top with any topping you wish.
- I used toasted coconut chips, and Pailleté Feuilletine for added crunch
- For Glaze, melt butter, whisk in icing sugar cinnamon and vanilla.
Make sure you subscribe if you are interested in trying more donuts, in the future.