Cheesy Bacon and Jalapeño Pretzel Bombas!
Many years ago I used to make Pretzels every week for a Cafe I managed, my other great love is bagels.
I make bagels regularly enough as they are not to be found anywhere baked fresh in Newcastle.
This recipe is simple and amazing options for different fillings, and is unlike any other foods, or snack foods you are likely to taste. Simple, light, chewy, and salty.
The ultimate dude food and indulgence food to enjoy.
Play with this recipe with fillings and seasonings, I will, and I will undoubtedly come up with some crazy new variations on this myself.
This recipe is a blow your mind kind of recipe. These absolutely taste amazing, addictive, and you will not stop at one…just try to stop before your eat them all.
Fill with whatever you want, and top with your favourite pretzel topping.
For the onion salt click on this link below. Happy cooking! Let me know what you think!
I hope you enjoy. Don’t forget to pin me so you can find me easily later.
Have you connected with us?
Join us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Follow along on Pinterest
Or buy the books at Shopify
- 1 sachet dry yeast
- 1 x 330ml Dos Equois XX beer
- 30 g coconut sugar
- 400 g 00 strong bakers flour
- 180 g white spelt flour
- 1 tbsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 tbsp malt syrup (optional)
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/4 cup colby cheese grated
- 1/4 cup Jack or cheddar cheese (even a haloumi would be great)
- 3 tbsp jalapenos pickled or fresh
- 1 spring onion sliced thinly
- 3 bishops crowns or superhots if you love your smoking hot chillis like me
- 3 rashers of hickory smoked bacon (diced and cooked with the extra chillis)
- 2 tbsp activated Buckinis
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Thermomix Onion Salt
- Cook bacon and chillis until slightly golden
- Add warm beer yeast and coconut sugar to Thermomix cook 4 min/37deg/speed 1
- Leave 10 mins to rest
- Add flours 30 seconds/speed 6
- Dough setting/4 minutes
- Check that it’s tacky and not sticky
- Add 1 tbsp of flour and mix for further 1 minute/dough setting if needed
- Remove from bowl onto lightly floured thermomat
- Cut into equal portions I did all mine at 28g per portion rolled into small balls
- Leave for 1 hour covered with thermomat
- Mix cream cheese, cheeses, bacon, and chilis, and spring onion 20 seconds/speed 2
- Preheat oven to 200℃
- Take each small ball of pretzel mix, flatten into disc, and add 1 heaped tsp of filling mix, close back up into ball.
- Leave to rest for further 20 minutes
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan
- Add bicarbonate, and malt syrup (if using) when water is boiled
- Add batches of bombs, in 3 separate batches
- Boil 1 minute each side, and remove with slotted spoon
- Drain on clean towel
- Baste with egg, and sprinkle with black sesame, or backing’s
- Season with onion salt, salt or pepper, dust with sumac
- Bake for 10-12 mins, until slightly golden.
- Omg amazing amazing amazing!