I wanted a cookie to have with my tea! Do you know how much butter and sugar are in cookies? Buckets full! Well not really, but nearly cups full lol.
So I decided to make a healthier version, so there is no need to feel quite as guilty in imbibing in a little chocolate with my cuppa.
For Gluten Free just leave out the Whiskey, and ensure the oats are certified GF
Truthfully, Dave will steal most of them anyway…
Waist Watchers Choc Chip Cookies
Yield 12 cookies
- 160 gm Oats
- 100 gm cold pressed virgin coconut oil
- 50 gm egg
- 1/1/2 cups of the oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 60 gm Dark Brown Sugar
- 30 ml Dubliner
- Add oats to the bowl blend speed 9 for 10 secs
- Remove from bowl
- Add coconut oil and melt 1 minute 60 degrees speed 1
- Add rest of ingredients, except chocolate and blend 15 secs speed 4
- Empty into a bowl and refrigerate for about an hour
- Preheat oven 160 degrees Celsius
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Scoop out 12 balls
- Cook for 11 minutes
- Leave to cool on tray for 3 minutes, then leave on wire rack until cooled.
- Milk and Cookies anyone?
Here is my Gluten Free version, they are cooling now….