Fatsexythermo Guest Recipe Double Stuffed Keto Enchilada Peppers
Full of taste and oozing flavour – these peppers will ignite your night!
Individual beginnings as superb separate recipes was not enough to stop a little tinkering and the birth of these LCHF Double Stuffed Enchilada Peppers.
My husband said “(he was) amazed at the flavour combos that hit you 1 – 2 with this beauty”. Clearly he loved them haha
I keep a stock of this enchilada sauce in my fridge and use it often…it’s so easy and delicious and does well in the place of salsa. I especially like that I can make it to my preferred level of spice.
This meatloaf is by far the best I’ve ever cooked and eaten! Who doesn’t love a quick make-ahead meal on a busy day. Would also be delicious as meatballs in enchilada sauce.
Combining these two with peppers and cheese…yes please!!
- 2 Capsicums – I used one red and one green
- 6 cubes + 1 cup shredded Jack or cheddar cheese
- A batch of Keto Meatloaf including all optional fillings
- 2 cups of LCHF enchilada sauce
- Serve with Cauliflower rice.
- Prepare the LCHF enchilada sauce
- While the sauce is cooking, prepare the capsicums by cutting off the tops and bottoms then gently removing seeds from remaining tube shaped peppers.
- Cut each pepper into 3 rings.
- Prepare the meatloaf recipe and divide into 6 equal portions.
- Flatten each portion to the size of your hand.
- Top with a cube of cheese and form into patties.
- Push the stuffed patties into pepper rings.
- Warm the oven to 175℃.
- Spread 1 cup of sauce into the bottom of a cake pan.
- Sear each of the stuffed peppers in a griddle pan (this step may not be necessary)
- Place the peppers in the baking pan and top with the remaining cup of sauce.
- Distribute shredded cheese on top of peppers.
- Bake for 30minutes or until cheese is bubbly and browning.