So I am on a mission, to work on some banana (and fruit and veg) loaves. A great way to use up the excess from our garden, but also an operation to bring on some great recipes, getting healthier, gluten free, low sugar, low carb. Nothing more than playing.
While this recipe steers away from tradition. I call it my “Standard” as it is from this I will try various versions.
Gluten Free Banana Loaf -Standard
Yield 8 serves
- 225 gm Banana
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 25gm Maple Syrup
- 120 gm Greek Natural Yogurt
- 40 gm Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 225 gm Self Raising Gluten Free Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 100 gm Coconut Blossom Sugar
- Preheat Oven 150 degrees
- Spray loaf pan 21x10x7 with Canola OIl, and line with non stick baking paper
- Add to mixer, or Thermomix, Banana, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, maple syrup, coconut oil, yogurt
- mix 15 sec/speed 4
- Add GF SR Flour, Baking Soda, and Sugar
- Mix 12 sec/speed3.5
- Bake for 55 mins, or until a skewer comes out clean
- Cool on a wire rack
- Try not to eat in one sitting.