Mexican Pulled Chipotle Chicken and Black Beans
Chipotle chicken burritos are the best! If there is one thing you notice on the website and our FB group pictures, is I love Mexican. I have been making it for a couple of decades, and developing my own style. Love Love Love Mexican! Try this recipe with my home made tortillas. This makes your tastebuds smile!
I just love this recipe!
A truly flavorful favorite with all your guests, simply easy to make, and super light and healthy.
If you love your food spicy, feel free to add as many chillies as you want, I have just made this one suitable for the masses.
This dish is light, tomatoey and oh so smokey. Great in your burrito, nachos, or served in Mexican rice and with my Salsa Verde.
This recipe is also easy enough to cook in the slow cooker, stove, oven, or a Thermocook of any description. The chicken can be on the bone or off. While breast is okay, you would greatly reduce the cooking time.
I hope you enjoy. Don’t forget to pin me so you can find me easily later.
Have you connected with us?
Join us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Follow along on Pinterest
Or buy the books at Shopify
- 1/2 brown onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 10 g olive oil
- 6 chipotles in adobo (available in the Mexican aisle in most supermarket)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 8 chicken thigh fillets
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock paste (or 1 cube)
- 1 cup water
- 2 to matoes halved
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 can black beans (don't add if LCHF)
- Add onion, garlic, oil, chipotle with adobo, cumin, coriander, paprika
- Blend 5 seconds / speed 5
- Cook 3 minutes / 100℃ / speed 0.5
- Insert butterfly whisk
- Add unsliced thigh fillets, vege stock, tomatoes, oregano, water, ACV
- Cook 45 minutes / 90℃ / reverse stir
- Add beans, cook 5 minutes /90℃ / reverse stir
- Pour out liquid into one bowl and separate chicken.
- Shred chicken with 2 forks, or meat claws, just gently pull, so you have some chunky and some slivers.
- With juice, either add back to chicken for a lovely light and liquid(y) mix, or you can add 3 tbsp of tomato paste, and cook at 100℃, for another 5 minutes to thicken.
- I like it light and runny, and it is amazing served with Mexican rice, or on your best burrito with guacamole and salsa verde. For a grain free meal serve with salad, or Cauli wraps