Organic Kelly's Bliss Slice
Yield 24 serves
What started me on the path to making this slice, was the kind sponsorship from Kelly McGeachie's Organic Pantry. Thanks Kel! We all love to eat healthy, and I am endeavouring to make some great wholesome treats that everyone can enjoy, but also hardly believe that are not full of sugar, butter, flour (the base of nearly every slice) These are full of goodness. While I have used package mixes, this would easily work with any mix, of your favorite ingredients, or even what you have sitting in your cupboard getting awfully close to their used by date. This is my kind of treat. Not overly sweet, but all sweetness comes from clean ingredients, (albeit but the Rocky Road version,lol) Check out my other Licorice and Freeze Dried Raspberry rocky Road Bar! Trust me it's amazing!
- 2 cups Medjool Dates (covered in warm water to soften for 25 mins)
- 1 pkt 30gm of Dark Cacao and Kakadu Plum Bare Blends Native Whey Protein
- 3 cups Blendco Skin Blend Superfoods ( this contains coconut , pepitas, goji berries, cacao nibs, raspberry, acai, and himalayan salt, so you could easily make up a mix yourself using same or similar ingredients
- 2/3 cups of coconut oil
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup of almonds whole
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cacao (additional to Bare Blends)
- 100g Lovingearth Organic Lucuma and Maca Raw Chocolate, melted
- Add all ingredients to Thermo, including presoftened dates
- Blend, 1min/speed 5
- Scrape down bowl and check consistency is how you like it, and that it is bound together well.
- Use a 27.5cm slice tray, push down all the mix into tray, or use only 2/3 of mix, and use additional mix for Rocky Road slice.
- Alternatively this mix can be rolled into your usual Bliss Ball size and eaten that way.
- Refrigerate Top with melted Lucuma chocolate. Cut into bite size pieces and serve.
- Want it a bit fancier?? Try the Freeze dried Raspberry & Licorice Organic Bounty Bars