Pumpkin Risotto with Roasted Sage Butter
Guest Spot Recipe – By Kristina Koch I personally love Krissi’s website. Her food always looks amazing, and I her passion really shows in everything she makes.
Here is one of my personal favourites.
You can follow Krissi at https://www.facebook.com/homemadeandhappiness/
Here is a little from the stunningly beautiful Krissi, herself.
My name is Krissi and I am from Germany.
Since June, 2015 I live in the sunny California where my food blog (www.homemadeandhappiness.com) was born. Since then I’ve been developing, cooking and shooting recipes with all of my heart.
I am totally addicted to good, fresh and homemade food. My concept is pretty easy: You are what you eat.
What else do I love? Flowers, writing on handmade paper, cup of tea (5 times a day), the smell of the air after a rainy day, freshly baked bread and butter (a lot of it).
To see more from Krissi and other guest bloggers subscribe to Mad Creations today.
Have you connected with us yet?
Join us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Follow along on Pinterest
Or buy the books at Shopify
- 100 g parmesan cheese
- 550 g butternut squash (peeled)
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 20 g olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic (peeled)
- 1/2 red onion (peeled)
- 4 leaves of sage
- 200 g risotto rice (e.g. Arborio)
- 80 g white wine (dry)
- 50 g vegetable stock
- 8 leaves of fresh sage
- 50 g butter
- Add 500 g of water to the bowl. Cut the pumpkin into mouthsized pieces, place in the varoma and close the lid.
- Cook for 23 min / Varoma / speed 1.
- Reserve the pumpkin and pour away the water.
- Place parmesan in bowl and mix 15 sec / speed 10. Reserve.
- Place onions and garlic in bowl and mix 5 sec / speed 5.
- Scrape down the sides with the spatula.Add butter, olive oil and sage leaves and cook 3 min / Varoma / speed 1
- Add rice and white wine and cook 3 min / Varoma / reverse / speed 1 (without measuring cup).
- Add water and vegetable stock, stir with the spatula until well
- combined and cook 10 min / Varoma / speed 1 without using the measuring cup (put the simmering basket on top so it doesn’t
- Add the pumpkin pieces and continue cooking for 10 min / Varoma / reverse / speed 1 without using the measuring cup.
- In a small pan heat butter and add sage leaves.
- Cook over medium heat for approx. 4 min until butter gets golden but do not burn!
- Add parmesan cheese to the bowl and mix 1 min / reverse / speed
- Adjust seasoning and serve immediately with the sage butter on top.