Pumpkin Risotto with Roasted Sage Butter
Yield 4 serves
Guest Spot Recipe - By Kristina Koch I personally love Krissi's website. Her food always looks amazing, and I her passion really shows in everything she makes. Here is one of my personal favourites. You can follow Krissi at https://www.facebook.com/homemadeandhappiness/ http://www.homemadeandhappiness.com Here is a little from the stunningly beautiful Krissi, herself. My name is Krissi and I am from Germany. Since June, 2015 I live in the sunny California where my food blog (www.homemadeandhappiness.com) was born. Since then I've been developing, cooking and shooting recipes with all of my heart. I am totally addicted to good, fresh and homemade food. My concept is pretty easy: You are what you eat. What else do I love? Flowers, writing on handmade paper, cup of tea (5 times a day), the smell of the air after a rainy day, freshly baked bread and butter (a lot of it).
- 100 g parmesan cheese
- 550 g butternut squash, peeled
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 20 g olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1/2 red onion, peeled
- 4 leaves of sage
- 200 g risotto rice (e.g. Arborio)
- 80 g white wine, dry
- 50 g vegetable stock
- SAGE BUTTER
- 8 leaves of fresh sage
- 50 g butter
- Add 500 g of water to the bowl. Cut the pumpkin into mouthsized pieces, place in the varoma and close the lid.
- Cook for 23 min / Varoma / speed 1.
- Reserve the pumpkin and pour away the water.
- Place parmesan in bowl and mix 15 sec / speed 10. Reserve.
- Place onions and garlic in bowl and mix 5 sec / speed 5.
- Scrape down the sides with the spatula.Add butter, olive oil and sage leaves and cook 3 min / Varoma / speed 1
- Add rice and white wine and cook 3 min / Varoma / reverse / speed 1 (without measuring cup).
- Add water and vegetable stock, stir with the spatula until well
- combined and cook 10 min / Varoma / speed 1 without using the measuring cup (put the simmering basket on top so it doesn't
- Add the pumpkin pieces and continue cooking for 10 min / Varoma / reverse / speed 1 without using the measuring cup.
- In a small pan heat butter and add sage leaves.
- Cook over medium heat for approx. 4 min until butter gets golden but do not burn!
- Add parmesan cheese to the bowl and mix 1 min / reverse / speed
- Adjust seasoning and serve immediately with the sage butter on top.
Courses Guest Blogger