Refried Pinto Beans
Yield 1 cup refried beans
Refried beans are amazingly creamy and satisfying. They bring meals together, literally! This luscious bean blend can be the glue that binds burritos and quesadillas but also adds substance to nachos or huevos rancheros.
I find making refried beans from scratch oddly satisfying. There is just something about taking dried beans, cooking them according to the Saucy Pinto Beans recipe and further transforming them into their refried state...it feels so...metamorphic!
1 tbsp of butter
15g brown onion, diced
1 cup of Saucy Pinto beans
1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped (optional)
- Heat butter in frying pan on low heat until melted.
- Add diced onion and allow to cook slowly until translucent.
- Stir in garlic while stirring.
- Add the Saucy Pinto beans and combine. Mash some (or all) beans with potato masher or back of spoon - I like a mix of mashed and whole.
- Cook until heated through.
Serve as a dip with nachos chips, in huevos rancheros or as a side to any meal.
Courses Side, breakfast, lunch, dinner