This one is such a good recipe, and such great flavor it could make a vegetarian think twice about eating it.
Succulent, juicy meat, that is smokey, spicy, and shows the love.
Using Megs Tex Mex Meat Dust, and even more flavors, and seasoning, it promises to pack plenty of flavor and satisfaction.
Smokey Chipotle Brisket in Mexican Cola
Yield 10 serves
- 1/2 cup Megs Tex Mex Meat Dust
- 2 tbsp Souk Spice (this is not essential, I just love it)
- 3 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 x 1.5kg beef brisket (try and get the meaty point end) Trim off any excess hard white fat from the outer layer
- 1/3 cup Sherry Vinegar
- 1 can tinned tomato
- 6 x Chipotles in Adobo ( or use 2 extra large dried ones)
- 1 300ml bottle Mexican Cola
- Rub the brisket in the combined meat dust and souk spice.
- Leave to marinate 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 140 degrees celcius
- Salt a grill pan or frypan, and grill meat each side until browned.
- Whilst grilling get the rest of your ingredients ready.
- Place garlic, shallots, chipotles (if using dried Chipotle dont blend, leave whole) into blender or Thermomix, blend briefly 15 secs speed 5.
- Mix with tinned tomato, sherry vinegar, cola.
- Place browned Brisket into oven proof roasting pan, pour over mixed sauce, and cover pan with foil.
- Cook in slow oven for approx 2 hours. Brisket is ready, when it is easily pulled apart. Extend time, if it doesnt break down easily.
- Serve with mash and veg, on a burrito, in a taco, by the forkful...however you want. Just try not to eat it all in one go, it makes great eating the following day too.
You can cook this on a covered grill, or in the oven. This version I have used my little oven, and it works every time.