Fatsexythermo Smokey Chipotle Brisket in Mexican Cola
This smokey chipotle brisket is such a good recipe, and such great flavour it could make a vegetarian think twice about eating it.
Succulent, juicy meat, that is smokey, spicy, and shows the love.
Using Megs Tex Mex Meat Dust, and even more flavours, and seasoning, it promises to pack plenty of flavour and satisfaction.
You can cook this on a covered grill, or in the oven. This version I have used my little oven, and it works every time.
I hope you enjoy. Don’t forget to pin me so you can find me easily later.
Have you connected with us?
Join us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Follow along on Pinterest
Or buy the books at Shopify
- 1/2 cup Megs Tex Mex Meat Dust
- 2 tbsp souk spice (recipe found in the book Flavour)
- 3 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 x 1.5kg beef brisket (try and get the meaty point end Trim off any excess hard white fat from the outer layer)
- 1/3 cup sherry vinegar
- 400 g tinned tomato
- 6 x chipotles in adobo (or use 2 extra large dried ones)
- 300 ml bottle Mexican Cola
- Rub the brisket in the combined meat dust and souk spice.
- Leave to marinate 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 140℃
- Salt a grill pan or frypan, and grill meat each side until browned.
- Whilst grilling get the rest of your ingredients ready.
- Place garlic, shallots, chipotles (if using dried chipotle dont blend, leave whole) into blender or Thermomix, blend briefly 15 secs/speed 5.
- Mix with tinned tomato, sherry vinegar, cola.
- Place browned brisket into oven proof roasting pan, pour over mixed sauce, and cover pan with foil.
- Cook in slow oven for approx 2 hours. The brisket is ready, when it is easily pulled apart. Extend time, if it doesnt break down easily.
- Serve with mash and veg, on a burrito, in a taco, by the forkful…however you want. Just try not to eat it all in one go, it makes great eating the following day too.