Well what is a Sope? Basically a thick masa tortilla.
My love affair with all things Mexican knows no bounds, and I swear one day the kitchen will one day be transferred and transformed into a Mexican Cocina.
This recipe is easier than easy.
- 1 cup of Masa Flour
- 3/4 cup warm water
- Oil for frying
- Mix masa and water together to form dough. Do this by hand or for 1 minute dough setting in your thermomix or mixer.
- Roll into 4 equal balls
- Using your Tortilla press, flatten between plastic to approx 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cook on cormal, or cast iron frypan with a drizzle of olive oil. Flip gently after 1 minute, cook both sides until blistered.
- Remove and then press in edges and the inside to form an edge around the disc.
- Top with your favourite topping.