Fatsexythermo Mexican Sopes
Fatsexythermo Mexican Sopes are just the best simple meal. Well what is a Sope? Basically a thick masa tortilla.
My love affair with all things Mexican knows no bounds, and I swear one day the kitchen will one day be transferred and transformed into a Mexican Cocina.
This recipe is easier than easy and the flavour is delicate and profound. The smell of masa is a scent that makes me hungry and makes me happy. I swear there is no other scent from any food that excites me as much.
You can basically top these sopes with any ingredients you like but for me simple is best. Just use a little salad, some fresh coriander, beautiful avocado and maybe some frijoles.
Simple = perfection
Have you connected with us yet?
Join us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Follow along on Pinterest
Or buy the books at Shopify
- 1 cup of masa flour
- 3/4 cup warm water
- Oil for frying
- Mix masa and water together to form dough. Do this by hand or for 1 minute dough setting in your thermomix or mixer.
- Roll into 4 equal balls
- Using your tortilla press (flatten between plastic to approx 1/4 inch thickness.)
- Cook on cormal, or cast iron frypan with a drizzle of olive oil. Flip gently after 1 minute, cook both sides until blistered.
- Remove and then press in edges and the inside to form an edge around the disc.
- Top with your favourite topping.