Mad Creations Keto Carnitas
Possibly these Keto carnitas are one of the best recipes I have made.
Something so simple, very little labour involved, and it results in super succulent tender Pork, with a mild spice that is ready for eating, with or without your hot sauce. Source the best possible pork you can. Always use Certified Free Range Sow.
I use Pork Scotch for this recipe, which also goes by the names Neck, Collar Butt and Boston Butt, it is a great fatty bit of pork perfect for this kind of recipe.
Have you connected with us yet?
Join us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Follow along on Pinterest
Or buy the books at Shopify
- 1.5 kg free range pork scotch (sliced into 2 inch thick steaks roughly the size of the palm of your hand)
- 4 cloves garlic
- small bunch fresh thyme
- small bunch fresh oregano
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1 dried chipotle chilli
- 2 chillies of choice (I use a white jolokias)
- 1 onion quartered
- 180 g water
- 1 cup "cream on top" milk (or use cream for keto)
- 2 limes juiced (and zested)
- olive oil
- Add garlic, onion, herbs, spices, chillies, lime zest and juice to the Thermomix®
- Blend 10 sec / speed 6
- Add 4 tbsp of olive oil to hot casserole dish, slow cooker, Thermo Cooker, or Kitchenaid Multicooker (this is what I used) I cooked at 175℃ sauté
- Add pork, and sear.
- Add liquid from the Thermomix®, to the pork, add milk, and top with any extra water needed to completely cover the Pork.
- Cook at 100 degrees, covered, for 1-1/1/2 hours until pork is tender.
- Serve with tortillas, tacos, whatever you wish.
- This is meat worthy of serving to the gods.
- Yes! It is that good.
- Chefs Note. The au jus, cooking liquid makes a fabulous sauce. I pour it into a jug and refrigerate, so I can scrape the excess fat off the top, and heat to serve. If serving straight up, it will just be a little richer.